Friday, July 9, 2010

SDA appointment! AMEN!

These past few days have felt like weeks with the anticipation of our email from Kostya our translator/facilitator that would tell us what day we had to be in Ukraine. I woke up around 4:30 this morning and immediately checked Kate's email and began praying that we would find out our SDA appointment date today. After checking her email at least every 30 minutes this entire day we received the email we have been waiting for:

Hello Kate,
I just got letter of invitation for you.
The appointment August 5th.

Kind wishes,
Kostya

Can you believe it! It's hard to believe that last year this time we were just beginning this process and now we actually have a target date to be in Ukraine. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Pray harder than you have for us, because this is where we truly have to rely on God to guide us to the child/children that he desires for us to make apart of our family. Please pray that the appointment goes smoothly, we find a child, and that everyone involved feels sure that we are supposed to Adopt this child and give them a family.

Its only 26 Days or 631 hours until we will be at the SDA in Ukraine!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! so excited August 5th, here we come!

Ashley said...

Hi! I'm so excited for your family! August is 5th is right around the corner! We may be in Ukraine when you are there too! To answer your question regarding the website we look at to check on Alex is: http://sirotstvy.net/ua/child_needs_family/ This website is the SDA's website and is only intended for domestic adoptions. Many of the children listed are NOT eligible for international adoption. But, if you see a child, write down their information and in your SDA appointment you may inquire about them. Or, you could also have your facilitator inquire before you arrive. Take care and God Bless! -Ashley Langton

Journeymark Cards & Gifts said...

Casey and Kate, I was forwarded your blog by Dale Oden's daughter. My name is Jessica and I grew up in Ruston. I was a member of Temple until I moved out to Dallas, TX. My parents are still members there. My husband and I are currently starting our dossier and completing home study paperwork (at the same time) to adopt an older girl from the Ukraine.

Congratulations on your SDA date!!! I know God will continue to give you wisdom in the process of bringing home your daughter.

Many blessings,
Jessica

The McEacherns said...

Congratulations on getting your SDA appointment! I'm looking forward to following your blog, as not very many families are "traveling blind" these days, and I like hearing about other success stories like ours! Know that God WILL show you YOUR child(ren) in His perfect timing. Blessings to you!

Post a Comment