Thursday, August 12, 2010

A new day and new hope!

First off, thank you so much for all of your prayers and constant support through this whole process.  According to one of my friends, "Adoption care is spiritual warfare." I never knew how true that statement was until I found myself in a poorly ventilated and immensely hot second story office in Kiev, Ukraine.

This morning Kate and I woke up around 10:30 am, ate some brunch with what we had left in our fridge, cleaned up the apartment, then began to get ready for our 2nd SDA appointment. Around 1:04 pm we prayed then began to walk to the SDA, and sat outside under a shade tree until Luba and Kostya showed up for our 2 pm appointment. We were able to go inside the office around 2:10 and met with Maria.  After some short time of showing new pictures of Chandler and dialoguing with Luba, we were shown two files. The first being a child with cleft pallet and clubbed hands, the second being a file we had already seen of a girl with severe Fetal alcohol syndrome. After looking through our updated addendum to our home study she showed us a file of a boy named Yuri. Kate and I both felt comfortable with his file, he had two older siblings that were about to time out of other orphanages, we inquired but found out that he had already been adopted by a Ukrainian couple. Crazy part is he looked a lot like me, stocky build, and though my heart sunk to my stomach, he was not the child God had planned for us. After seeing a pair of sibling boys we were both stressing, I began to pray as Maria walked out of the room that the Lord would show her the file we needed to see. She showed us a file of a child that we inquired about, Luba found out was in Spain on a hosting program until September 1st. Maria informed us that there were many other files that she had but couldn't show since they were all abroad or at camp. Though exhausted yet still hopeful, Luba and Maria suggested we come back for a 3rd visit around the beginning of September. To be honest, I felt more at peace with this decision for the sheer fact that a child's face was on my mind, and though this is not the process I would have willed for myself, our Lord is mighty to save, and however He choses to do this, I will trust.

So around 7:00 am on Friday we will be flying back home to be with our Chandler, go heal with our community of faith, and serve the church I so love. Our prayer is that on September 1st we will be walking back into that SDA office for the last time, to see the file we were unable to visit, go see this child the Lord has for us, and come home with the newest member to the Williams family. We really do not want to tell you anymore information about this child until they are legally ours. I know how frustrating this is but please respect our decision to hold off on introducing you to the newest Williams child.

Please continue to pray for us, for this process is not even close to over. Most of all pray that God may receive all the glory, honor, and praise. I can't wait to be back in the states to hold my child, hug my amazing youth group, and order some Taco Bell. Ha. See you guys soon.

9 comments:

Christen Bean said...

Praying for you two! HIS plan is perfect-Love you guys!-Christen

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Guys, this is a hard decision but stay strong with the faith that God is in control ultimately. Praying for peace and safe travels for you as you return home. Rest up for your return trip.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of the Taco Bell, and I'm sure we'll still be here when you get back. You guys have amazing hearts for God and are an inspiration to anyone following you. I have no doubt you will hear from God like never before in the time between. We will continue to pray for you like crazy and look forward to hearing how God finishes what He started. Much love! So glad we got to connect.

Sam Jones said...

praying! :)
The LORD is good, even when it seems like He's pulling you along. That child will be so worth everything you go through to get him. Love you guys.

Unknown said...

I am praying for y`all everyday.I understand God is not done,but we will be glad to see y`all when you get back home.

Anonymous said...

Totally understand. At our first SDA appointment we did not "connect" with a child the way we thought we would, but we went out on a referral nonetheless. I am glad we did it, we learned a lot, but what an emotional roller coaster. We know the second floor you speak of and the pictures and can totally relate. God is faithful, there is no doubt and He will see you through. We would like to come back the 1st week of October with our kids when all of the Ukrainian children are back from camp or hosting programs. Now it is time to pray for safe travels and enjoy the time you have left before heading home. We understand the emotions and will keep you in our prayers. McCoys, Tucson

The McEacherns said...

Taco Bell is the first thing I crave when we're overseas! I know it's pretty much impossible to understand how God is working and using this all to your (and your future child's) good, but trust that He is. Rest in the fact that HE IS GOOD. He never leaves the righteous forsaken; we are never without hope. Praying for His perfect peace as you head home and His perfect timing as you prepare to go back to Ukraine. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys!!

Albritton Journey said...

Any new news on traveling again?

Post a Comment