Friday, September 24, 2010

Hold onto the hope of a better day!

I am about to do something that Kate and I have both longed for years to do, we want to introduce to you our daughter, Ayla Marina Williams.

At around 1:00 p.m. we were asked what we wanted from the Nikopol Court, Kate and I both responded without hesitation yet almost in tears, "To allow Marina to be our daughter." The Judge and Jurors walked out to deliberate, and in about 5 minutes came back into the court room and declared us as the rightful parents of beautiful 9 year old girl. The Judge was extremely kind and was very sensitive to Marina's circumstance. When it was all over you could see the sheer joy in her face as she told the Judge as he was leaving, "My name is Marina Williams." He just smiled and told us congratulations as he walked away and all we could do in that moment was thank him for blessing us with the desire of our heart. 

I will blog more later about how the day unfolded but wanted to show you all the face of our daughter! We still have a 10 day waiting period until the paperwork is official and we can begin the process of bringing her home. Interesting side note, I said her full name and immediately she perked up when I said Ayla. She asked Luba if that was also her name, and she told her yes.  It was at that point that Marina said, "I have been Marina for 9 years, I'm tired of Marina, I love the name Ayla, so from now on I want to be called Ayla!" Wow, how does a child go from being one person for so many years and immediately embrace her new status as a part her new and legal family.

My friends this is the Gospel. When we receive salvation that comes alone from Christ, we are given a new name, new family, new hope, new home, and a new Father. So many of us cling to the life that we once lived but what God desires is for us to no longer embrace that old life and take upon ourselves the name that is above all names. 

Lord, we thank you so much for our precious daughter Ayla Marina Williams, we know the process has been tiring and at times we questioned you, but Lord you are sovereign and you have orchestrated this whole process from start to finish. May we all embrace the hope that comes through your Son Jesus Christ, that you were willing to sacrifice so that we may be Adopted as your sons and daughters. Thank you Father! May all the glory, honor, and praise be unto your name forever. 


14 comments:

Team Airhart said...

Congratulations! What an amazing blessing! She's absolutely gorgeous and is obviously thrilled to be a part of your family...so many praises to be given!

Christen Bean said...

I am sooo flipping excited!!!! Congratulations!! Glory to God for everything HE has done! I can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God!! So excited for the whole Williams family! Thank you Casey & Kate for allowing us to follow you on this wonderful journey. So many people are being blessed by your testimony - your love for God - and your love for a little girl you knew was out there somewhere. God bless the Williams family!! :)

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Oh my goodness is she gorgeous!!! Love her smile, and those eyes are just amazing!
Our girl wants a new name, and Ayla and Marina are both on the list! Ayla has been my favorite name since I was a kid. Love that she embraced her new name with joy and comfort!
Congratulations, Williams Family!

Tara G. said...

Look at those sweet cheeks and beautiful, shining eyes!! Praising God with you!

Jeff and Sheila said...

She is totally beautiful! I am so happy for you both!! Congratulations! Jeff and Sheila

Becca and Zack said...

I can't wait to play with her! I just want to let you know that I SHOUTED with excitement in the intern office for everyone in the Wesley to hear! God is so good!!! Praise Jesus!

Anonymous said...

Awesome.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! We are overjoyed to hear of your news! God is gracious to us and may He continue to make His face to shine upon you and your precious family for the glory of His great and holy Name!

Albritton Journey said...

Did you hear me scream?! Can you see the tears of joy for ya'll? I know all of you are happy. What a difference you have already made in Alya's life. All praise to God!

Sam Jones said...

I love it! You guys are bathed in prayer. Such a beautiful picture of the Gospel. I can't wait to meet this beautiful little girl. Nick & I guessed that her name was Marina so we've been praying that name for a while. I love it. Ayla. I love you guys much!

The McEacherns said...

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Karen said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! I wish I'd known you were in Nikopol!! I was just there on Thursday meeting with a director of an orphanage there!! Which orphanage is Marina in?? Have kept up with you via the Bollingers and am so excited for your family! Blessings, Karen

The Williams Blog said...

We are at the Orphanage to abandoned children. Director is Olga. We are staying right next to the other orphanage though. Maybe next time. Thank you to all the encouragement, prayers, and support. It has been 4 years in the making and is surreal we are finally a complete family. All Glory to God.

Post a Comment